KOL Meaning and KOLs Lists
KOL stands for “Key Opinion Leader”. KOL means with authority in his/her field. A KOL might influence other KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders) in the same domain, while an Influencer has a broader reach.
KOL Marketing means engaging KOLs to influence the opinions of other experts, so they can then influence the opinions of the general population.
KOL Marketing is not a new idea, the principle dates back to the 1940s when Elihu Katz and Paul Lazarsfeld proposed the theory of opinion leadership and the two-step flow of communication.
KOL meaning in Pharma
KOLs are particularly important in healthcare because they gain visibility through intensely focused work that often spans several years. Additionally, in academia and research circles, there is a high level of scrutiny in the form of peer reviews, committee reviews, and medical journal reviews before the scientific community can reach a consensus on the research findings; the bar they have to meet is very high.
KOLs in healthcare could come in the form of HCPs, physicians, hospital executives, patient advocacy groups, or, researchers.
KOL Meaning Disambiguation
KOL may also refer to:
- KOL in the United Kingdom : a prominent restaurant in London.
KOL In other languages
- KOL in Turkish : KOL in Turkish means "arm".
There are different types of KOLs and Influencers depending on the source of their visibility:
- KOLs or Key Opinion Leaders
- Healthcare and Lifesciences (HCPs, Researchers and similar)
- Political sciences and public policy
- Social media personalities
- Traditional media celebrities
- World leaders
- Industry leaders
Depending on the scope of their reach, Influencers can be broken down into four categories:
- Micro-Influencers have a relatively small but engaged following in a specific niche, such as fashion, fitness, or travel.
- Local Influencers are prominent figures within their city or region.
- Vertical Influencers have expertise in a particular industry or subject matter.
How to become a Key Opinion Leader?
Developing or increasing your footprint on social media or academic circles are challenging tasks. The same general principles applies to both spaces:
- Use KeyOpinionLeaders.com to search for your colleagues, or competitors in the case of social media, by name.
- See the concepts they hold influence for, where in the distribution they rank, and how strong their influence is.
- Concentrate on creating and publishing quality content around the topics you identified in steps #2 and #3 above.
What Is KeyOpinionLeaders.com, and How Can It Help You?
KeyOpinionLeaders.com is a free search engine that lets you find Key Opinion Leaders . You can enter any concept on the search bar at the top of this page and use it to find the top Key Opinion Leaders instantly for that concept. You can filter your results by other concepts, organizations, and locations.
- Find KOLs with influence over specific concepts.
- Combine any targeting criteria of your choosing, including Geo location, Sub-concepts, and more.
- Export all the concept and influence scores for any KOL of your choosing.
- Compare KOLs & Influencers 'apples-to-apples' on an objective-basis.
- Get API Access to KOLs data and augment your product or service.
Companies operating in different industries, universities, and government agencies use KOL Marketing Cloud to identify and benchmark the influence of key opinion leaders. The impact of our technology traverses industry, academia, and government policy (foreign policy, public health, among others).
Download the Key Opinion Leader App!
You can gain more comprehensive access to our KOLs data by installing the Key Opinion Leader App (KOLs App), available for iPhone and Android.
Solve your business problems with our industry data solutions
From improving product discovery to talent recruiting, our data solutions tackle your biggest challenges.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Academia and Research Academia and Research
- Retail Retail
- Marketing and Advertising Marketing and Advertising
- Media and entertainment Media and entertainment
- Recruiting and Human Resources Recruiting and Human Resources
850 Healthcare providers were asked how they decide which brand of medication to prescribe. 90% said they take into account the opinion of prominent experts or KOLs.Explore KOLs Healthcare solutions
Instant KOL Marketing Cloud, ready for business
Whether you’re getting started with influencer marketing or already using KOL insights, we’ll help you modernize and digitally transform your business.Talk to us
Avoid human bias. The days of 'KOL surveys' and 'Expert panels' are a thing of the past. Embrace the Cloud with KOLs/Influencers Ranking and Insights produced with state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence.
Filter views on the fly with any combination of filters and targeting criteria, including Geo-location, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary conceps, company/organization, and more.
Get the full ranking signals for all the top KOLs and Influencers matching any targeting criteria. Identify who is at the distribution's head, torso, and tail. Combine our data/signals in ways that make sense for your organization and customers' needs.
Integrate our data into your CRM and Financial systems and build feedback loops between discovery / engagements / conversions and KOL/Influencer prominence and cost.
Identifying KOLs should be objective, Start free
Call our sales team805-259-3231
Run on the industry’s cleanest KOL Data Cloud.
No humans are involved in the production of our data.
No bias, guaranteed.